Sunday, November 24, 2013

Game Plan

The subtitle for this post could be: Am I Nuts?

Answer: YES!


Recently, I finished McCall's 6172, the Palmer/Pletsch tailored jacket pattern. It turned out quite well. So well, in fact, I reached into the pile of discarded projects from the summer and pulled out a grey tweed jacket I had cut out for my Studmuffin. I hoped to keep the jacket-making momentum going and whiz through this project, lickety-split.


It's hard to whiz when jacket-making. There's so much prep work to do! You'd think having the fashion fabric cut would mean I could leap into sewing, but alas, that's not so. There's interfacing to cut, then to fuse. Then all the pattern markings to transfer. Plus cut out the lining.


Anyway, I'm almost finished the prep work. Just the lining left. So Stage One of the Game Plan is almost done.


Then it's on to Stage Two - sewing the fashion fabric and lining.


And finally Stage Three - the hand finishing. Hem work and buttons. Final pressing. 


So that's the official Game Plan. By thinking in stages, I hope not to get overwhelmed by the project. The goal is to whiz through each bit.  I'd love to be finished by the end of the week. (hahaha!) We'll see. 


Till next time,

Lady T

Odd aside: The title for this post was subliminal on my part. The Grey Cup game is on and the sound wafted over to me in a different room, settle into my brain, and influenced my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment